Who Do You Call When You Have A Tree Emergency In Portland?
When you need a tree removed quickly in Portland for safety reasons Urban Forest Professionals is your solution. We can be reached for emergency tree removal services 24 hours a day, 7 days a week!
Simply dial our regular phone number 503-210-9514 and press 9. You can be connected to our on-call arborist for emergency tree services.
Arborists are available at any time of day and can be dispatched as early as 6 am. If you do not get an immediate answer leave us a voicemail and we will call you back within 15 minutes.
Why Hire Urban Forest Professionals for your Emergency Tree Removal Project In Portland?
- We have staff on-call to handle emergencies 24/7.
- We bill your insurance company directly. No need to argue with your adjuster about what is covered - we do that for you.
- We will submit your tree removal permit for you.
- If your tree removal project is large enough we can sometimes provide you some deductible forgiveness and also self-pay discounts for those of you with very large deductibles.
- All of our arborists are certified and our equipment is designed to handle large and complex jobs. We do more crane work than most tree service companies, so we are experienced with these types of jobs and we have our own crane on call.
- We are one of the leading tree service companies in the Portland metro area in regards to difficult and dangerous tree removals.
- We provide a full service. Should your roof need repair, we can tarp it or provide a temporary patch to keep out inclement weather while you search for a competent roofer.
Nobody can predict when disaster may strike. The best you can do when it does is go with an established Portland tree service company with hundreds of positive reviews. If you have a situation that requires professionals, call Urban Forest Professionals at 503-210-9514.
Emergency Tree Removal-Top 5 Tips
With the Portland winter weather approaching, where freezing and thawing, build-ups of ice, and high winds can cause serious damage to your trees, you may find yourself in an emergency tree removal situation.
A limb or even a whole tree coming down unexpectedly can be incredibly stressful. Especially if it has crashed onto your home, garage, vehicle, or even fence. So, what should you do if a tree falls on your house? Here are some helpful tips in case you ever find yourself in that situation.
- Remember the best thing you can do when a tree falls on your car or your home, is to Remain Calm. There could be a host of people escalating the stress. Curious or irate neighbors depending on where the tree has fallen, Well-meaning passersby who do not understand how to deal with a fallen tree, even friends or family members might ask if they can go under a leaning tree for a minute for a picture, adding stress. Remember that none of these people are professionals, and it is always better to err on the side of caution, simply stay away until professional tree removal experts can be called.
- Don’t make an emergency tree removal situation more dangerous by getting too close. You want to be a witness, not a victim. Trees that appear solidly supported, or stuck fast on the ground often shift or roll, causing personal injury or worse. Let our Portland area tree experts check it out. Stay clear and keep passersby clear as well. Often blocking off the area with sawhorses or a parked car can keep pedestrians from harm. And what should you do If a tree has fallen on a powerline or a tree is leaning on a powerline? Immediately call your local utility provider to let them know. This is the people whose name is on your power bill usually PGE or Pacific Power.
- The next thing to determine is whether it really is an emergency. If the tree has fallen on a birdbath or fence, these wouldn’t be considered emergencies. After all, this is why we carry homeowner’s insurance. But if the tree has landed on your house, or could further slip, fall, and endanger your house, that is an emergency tree removal situation, and time to call your local certified arborist.
- Call us at Urban Forest Pro as soon as possible. We can make a determination about the relative danger of a fallen tree and can often mitigate the situation with tools we carry on us for these specific purposes. The sooner we can get one of our Portland tree experts out to view the situation, the better. Often it is easier to make a decision about removing the tree, once we have been able to assess and clearly explain the best way to remove the tree.
- If the tree has fallen and hits your house or another tree, insurance will normally pay. Our licensed arborists take care of the problem and then we bill your insurance, which can be time-consuming as well. We have more information on the cost/damage when removing a tree here.
One thing to note; storm-damaged trees are by nature more of a challenge and more work. Because of this, the tree work will typically cost more. Sometimes double what a similar project might cost that is scheduled through normal channels. We try to keep the costs competitive while providing you with safe, professional work. When you have a tree removal emergency reach out to your top Portland area arborist.
Fill in our emergency form and our emergency services operator will call you back asap.
We usually will get in touch within 15 minutes.